Exhibition and event industry commit to make a difference on sustainability
The renewed focus on the environment within the association will be led by newly elected Board Member, Leighton Wood, chief operating officer of the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
A new Environmental Sustainability Working Group has been formed comprising of representatives from all parts of the industry.
“The Environmental Sustainability Working Group met last week, and while we all agree that many positive steps have been taken across the industry to reduce the environmental impact of events, it was time to step-up and collaborate industry-wide to do more,” said EEAA chief executive Joyce DiMascio.
The Sustainability Working Group comprises:
- Chair – Leighton Wood, MCEC and EEAA Board Member
- Helen Mantellato, ICC Sydney and EEAA Board Member
- Ross Ferrar, Gaming Technologies Association and EEAA Board Member
- Pedro Gallo, Diversified Communications Australia
- Luke Edginton, Adelaide Convention Centre
- Cory McCarrick, Reed Exhibitions Australia
- Jonathan Wilczek, Diversified Communications Australia
- Michael Firman, Harry the Hirer
- Adrian Slingsby, ICC Sydney
- Heather Craven, Audited Media Association of Australia
- Rodd Craig, Aerospace Maritime and Defence Foundation of Australia
- Claudia Hunter, Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia
- Joyce DiMascio, Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia